Premium Lessons That Make the Most of your Time On COAST
One surf lesson with Skookum is equivalent to surfing 10-15 times on your own. Our lessons have been honed over the last dozen years to provide you an accelerated learning experience. The filler has been removed. Our focus is on exactly what you need to get rapidly proficient at surfing; how to move efficiently, catch your own waves (lots of them), be safe and most importantly have fun.
The Long Beach Peninsula an ideal place to start surfing with a sand bottom beach break, warmer Spring-Fall water temps, constant surf, and no crowds. The surf season is typically best May - September but there are still lots of fun days in between, things are just a bit more hit and miss
You do not need to be a ninja to have fun surfing, the physical requirements are minimal: be able to pick yourself up off of the ground and swim the length of a pool (so we know you feel somewhat comfortable in the water). The most important thing is that you want to surf.
- Include wetsuit and soft-top surfboard
- Cover core surf skills: paddling, wave selection, timing, optimal bio-mechanics, safety, awareness and attitude
- Are tailored to individual's skill level and can include: duck dives, catching green waves and other intermediate surf skills.
- Lessons start at Skookum Surf Co (811 Pacific Ave in Long Beach, Wa) for wetsuit sizing 20 minutes prior to scheduled start time.
- We then meet at the Sid Snyder beach approach (10th St in Long Beach, next to the Adrift Hotel) where we put on our wetsuits and spend the next 2hrs learning how to surf.
- All you need it a towel, swimsuit, hydration and your sense of adventure.
- Please allow 3 full hours of time for your adventure from start to finish.
- *Discount of $10 per person for booking online vs. onsite will more than offset 6% online booking fee. If you have any issues booking online please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group (2 or more ) / $99 per student
- Private (1 person) $179 includes 24hr rental
- Large group and camp lessons also available, call or email to book